THE UNITED STATES ARMY
SIGNAL CORPS
OFFICER CANDIDATE SCHOOL ASSOCIATION

Army Signal OCS - Candidate History

Classmate John Ronald Lynch Sr. - Class 43-20    

ArmySignalOCS.com received the following eMail from Classmate Lynch's daughter, Ms Jeannine Lynch Anderson, on June 15, 2014. Below we have reproduce it in part. Ms. Anderson and her sibllings have begun to archive their father's military and civilian history, to preserve the memory of Candidate Lynch, a member of America's Greatest Generation. We will post additional material as it is received.

J. Ronald & Elizabeth LynchDear Sirs: 

First of all thank you, thank you for preserving the memories of all of our Veterans and their sacrifices. Maybe our children will appreciate them better one day.

My father was John Ronald Lynch (Sr.), born in Harrison, Newark, NJ, on December 4, 1918. He enlisted in February 1942 at 23 years old as a Private at Ft Dix. He lived at Hoover Avenue, Bloomfield NJ and graduated his HS with football and baseball honors. His nickname was "ACE". He did one year of College at Seton Hall University and then another at the Newark College of Engineering before enlisting. Today, Father's Day, I found a letter from my mother to my father J. Ronald Lynch dated March 31, 1943. It was addressed Sergeant J. Ronald Lynch, Company B, 802nd Signal Training Regiment, Ft  Monmouth, NJ.

During WWII he was in San Francisco and during the Korean War, he served in Stuttgart, Germany. He was discharged around July 1952.

I now found your site as well. He graduated OCS Sat., April 24, 1943. They got married the next day at St. Catherine's RC Church in Hillside. It was Easter, April 25, 1943. As it was Sunday, they received a special dispensation from the church to marry that day (his only day off). He married Elizabeth V Peters from Hillside, NJ. Coincidentally, I just downloaded this photo from a copy of their 50th Wedding Anniversary Invitation. They went on to have 5 children and lived in Wayne, NJ. He was employed by the NJ Bell Telephone Company until he retired. He worked hard to support the family, was active in the church; was a President of the Kiwanis Club and loved to bowl. There wasn't much else in those days except community and family gatherings. His grandparents were from Ireland and France. His father William F Lynch served in WWI and his uncle John Lynch was a Merchant Marine, who died in Cherbourg, France, about 1939.

My father left the Army as a 1st Lieutenant. I know he served in Nuremburg, Germany? He returned to service for the Korean War in 1952.

I believe this is his graduation and wedding photo. You can see the Signal Corps pin on his lapel. He and my mother retired and passed away in Manahawkin, NJ. They are buried with a Veteran's tombstone in Christ the King, Franklin Lakes, NJ. I wished we had asked more questions about the Army. Maybe he could not say. My older sisters remember visiting him on base at Ft Meade, MD as well.

I hope this information will add a little bit more to your site.

Ms Jeannine Lynch Anderson

Top of Page

Original Site Design and Construction By John Hart. Ongoing site design and maintenance courtesy Class 09-67.
Content and design Copyright 1998 - 2014 by ArmySignalOCS. Page originally posted 06/18/14, updated 06/18/14.