Website Privacy & Use Policy
Notice of Ownership
This website is produced and owned by a Private Party under agreement with the Signal Corps OCS Association, Inc. (a.k.a. and referred to within this document as the U.S. Army Signal Corps OCS Association, all hereinafter, the "Association").
While the thematic purpose of this Website is set by the Association, the Private Party is solely responsible for all Website matters relating to the website, including legal, content, copyright and otherwise. Accordingly, for all Website issues or inquiries please contact:Webmaster@ArmySignalOCS.com. The URL of this website is http://www.ArmySignalOCS.com.
The Association is organized pursuant to the provisions of the Georgia Nonprofit Code O.C.G.A. 14-3-202. The registered address of the Association is: Signal Corps OCS Association, Inc., 1427 Hwy 138 S.W., Conyers, Georgia 30208-2553.
The views and opinions expressed on this website are offered in order to stimulate interest in those who visit it. They are solely the views and expressions of the authors and/or contributors to this website and do not necessarily represent the views of the Army Signal Corps Officer Candidate School Association, its Officers, Directors, members, volunteers, staff, or any other party associated with the Association.
No reproduction or redistribution of this Website in whole or part may be made without the prior written consent of the Association.
If you believe that this Website contains copyrighted material that has been infringed upon or used without appropriate approval, please immediately contact the Webmaster at Webmaster@ArmySignalOCS.com and indicate 1) the specific page URL, 2) location of the item on the page, 3) a description of the item, 4) details concerning who you believe the copyright holder is, 5) how to reach such claimed copyright holder, 6) proof of claims to the copyright, and 7) what steps the claimed copyright holder wishes be taken. We will immediately contact the copyright holder directly.
The content of this Website is subject to change without notice. While most content is publicly accessible, certain services and information offered may be restricted to specific users or segments of the Association and/or its clients and customers.
The terms and conditions of this Agreement shall govern the relationship between you and the Association with respect to this Website. By using this Website you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions of use.
A. Acceptable Use Policy
The Association regularly monitors and updates the content on this Website.
You may not use the Association Website for any of the following purposes:
(1) To transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
(2) To impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any material transmitted through this Site;
(3) To transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
(4) To transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party including without limitation, music, lyrics, audio, or audiovisual materials, photos or other images that are the copyrighted property of a third party;
(5) To transmit (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of unauthorized solicitation;
(6) To transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, internet or communications equipment;
(7) To disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to “scroll” faster than other users of the Site and/or the services of this Site are able to type or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects any other user’s ability to engage in real-time exchanges;
(8) To interfere with or disrupt the Sites or servers or networks connected to the Sites or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Sites;
(9) To intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange, OTC exchanges or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law;
(10) To “stalk” or otherwise harass another; or collect or store or attempt to collect or store personal data about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
The Association Website located at http://www.ArmySignalOCS.com and those Sites operated by closely associated entities of the Association may collect information to improve functionality and content of the Site and to monitor Site performance. Data collected will be used to help answer specific questions about the usage and performance of the Website or individual Web pages. Generally speaking Site usage is not associated with individual IP addresses, except in the case where use of such information will contribute to a more enjoyable browsing experience. Such instances may include but not be limited to use of IP address information to assure security when filling out online forms, to recognize a Site visitor on subsequent visits, and other similar events.
It is the policy of the Association to disclose on its Websites what information is collected that can be used to personally identify the user and how that information is intended to be used (see for example the section below labeled "Miscellaneous Information"). Currently the Association does not collect personally identifiable information except in online forms which you may voluntarily fill out through your own actions. Generally, the information this Site collects is used for the above stated purpose of maximization of Site performance. Notwithstanding this, you should understand that if as a result of your use of the Association Site you either 1) fill in a form found on this or an associated site or 2) send an eMail to us as a result of your use of this or an associated site, then any information you provide in said form or eMail may be used by the Association as though it was freely given and not subject to confidentiality. For further clarification on this issue, please see the section below labeled “Miscellaneous Information”.
Signal Corps OCS Association, Inc., Association, ArmySignalOCS, and all related trademarks are the property of the Association. These names and trademarks may not be used by third parties without the express prior written consent of the Association. Other trademarks, service marks and trade names used on Association Sites are the property of their respective owners.
D. Illegal Copying
All content included on the Sites, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, buttons, icons, images and software is the property of the Association, the Private Party, or its/their licensors or grantors and is protected by U.S. and international copyright and trademark laws. Reproduction, duplication, modification, distribution, transmission, replication, display or performance of the content of the Sites without the express advance written permission of the Association is strictly prohibited. If you have a concern regarding the use of copyrighted material on any Association Website, please contact the Association Webmaster at Webmaster@ArmySignalOCS.com. Said Webmaster is designated as an agent authorized to be responsible for responding to reports alleging copyright infringement. To be effective, the notification must be in writing and contain the following information (DMCA, 17 U.S.C. §512(c)(3)): (1) Physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner; (2) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; (3) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled as well as information reasonably sufficient to permit the Association to locate the material; (4) Contact information of the complaining party; (5) A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agents, or the law; (6) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. Upon receipt of such information the Association will act in a timely manner to investigate any such complaint and assure compliance with all such laws.
E. Site Usage
The Website may provide links to third-party Web sites that are not under the Association's control. These links are provided for convenience only and unless otherwise expressly stated by the Association are not intended as an endorsement by the Association of the organization or individual operating those third-party Web sites, or a warranty of any type regarding the third-party company, third-party Web sites or the information on them. Links from a Website located on a the Association server to a third-party Web site or references to third-party brands, products or services do not imply the Association’s endorsement of those Web sites, products or services.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. THE ASSOCIATION DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, OR, AS APPLICABLE, FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THE ASSOCIATION MAKES NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES AND YOU WAIVE ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY MERCHANDISE, INFORMATION OR SERVICE PROVIDED THROUGH OR BY THE ASSOCIATION OR VIA THE SITES. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THERE ARE SECURITY, PRIVACY, AND CONFIDENTIALITY RISKS INHERENT IN INTERNET COMMUNICATIONS AND TECHNOLOGY AND THE ASSOCIATION DOES NOT MAKE ANY ASSURANCES OR WARRANTIES RELATING TO SUCH RISKS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION GIVEN BY THE ASSOCIATION OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES AND/OR VENDORS SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. THE ASSOCIATION AND ITS MANAGEMENT, STAFF, AGENTS AND AFFILIATES, INCLUDING THE WEBMASTER AND WEBSPECKS INCORPORATED, ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY COSTS OR DAMAGES ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, MULTIPLE, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
This Agreement is governed by Georgia law without regard to conflict of law provisions. The federal and state courts located in the County of Rockdale, Georgia, alone have jurisdiction over all disputes arising out of or related to this Agreement and the services. You consent to the personal jurisdiction of such courts sitting in the County of Rockdale, Georgia, with respect to such matters or otherwise between you and the Association and waive your rights to removal or consent to removal.
G. Miscellaneous Information
This Agreement is posted as a Website Privacy and Use Policy on the Sites. It constitutes the entire agreement between you and the Association with respect to your use of the Sites and the Services offered on and by the Sites. The Association may revise, amend, or modify this Agreement and any other user policies and agreements at any time and in any manner. All such revisions will be posted on the Sites. You should periodically review this Website Privacy and Use Policy posting for any additions, changes and amendments.